Saturday, October 3, 2009

Joy in my heart

Today I woke up to my dog licking my face, which is probably one of my most adored awakening methods as it honestly makes you feel so loved and wanted. It's great. Anyway, I then realised that i awoke to an empty household, which isn't so unusual, and at this point in time I was thinking to myself, ah another long boring sunday.

I hoped up, looked in the mirror and saw my hair was massive and insanely curly, i decided not to fight it and just went with it and put it up. Next comes coffee, which is my current addiction, I could safely say that i'm totally in love. I sat down with my beloved cup of coffee, and seized an assignment. I came to the realisation that I had not done one single word of my ancient history assignment and it is due in approximately two weeks. This would be due to the fact that I have this latest procrastination technique. What I do is, whenever I am on the computer I open up my word document that holds my assignment, and all I do is just leave it open and then when i finish whatever it may be that I am doing on the computer, I close the word document. Eventhough I don't get an ounce of the assignment done, it makes me feel as though i have accomplished alot, it really calms me, strange right?

So now for my outfit of the day, ha, well, to start with I chucked on a pair of shorts and just a simple white top. Then I suddenly decided, no, I want to look stylish today, with a unique and individual twist. So I went back to my wardrobe and put on my denim shorts, my black and white striped shirt and my boots. Yeah, that's right, I look like a biker. Every month or two I tend to dress in biker-like attire. Don't ask me why, as I don't even know, I just do it. As soon as i put all of these garments on I felt so so happy and content. It literally changed my whole day around, I began dancing around the house, actually doing my assignment, researching mobile phones.

I honestly am just so joyful at this moment in time. I have come to this realisation so many times before, but i love it when it keeps coming and refreshing me. The current realisation is that; life is just so beautiful. The ultimate gift. I don't mean to sound cliche` or anything but seriously open your eyes, look around you, we are all so blessed. Life is such a adventurous, creative, lovely gift. It's so hard sometimes, but oh so worth it.
This afternoon i shall dance, sing, clean, work and get creative. Oh, i'm rather excited.

Today could have been boring and lonely, but instead I made the choice to make it blissful and constructive. Ultimately, life is what you make it.

This blog is seemingly pointless i know, but there is no one here for me to express my chirpyness with, so blogspot was my next option, lucky you.

No comments: